Spurs ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Need advice regarding spurs etc.

Our conservatory gets its electrical supply from a cable run from an existing socket in the adjacent dining room. The socket in the dining room consists of 1 cable LNE for the dining room plus 1 cable LNE for the consevatory supply.

The supply in the conservatory consists of 2 x 13 amp wall sockets, 2 fused (3amp) junction boxes to wall lights.

Is the setup OK?, the supply running to the conservatory from the dining room is from a socket that is never used in the dining room. This configuration has been in place for about 10=15 years with no problem.

My main reason for bringing it up is to get clarification on what constitues a spur?

Hope I have made my comments clear.

Sponsored Links
What size is the cable (CSA)?
What size is the MCB protecting the cable?
how many phase conductors are terminated in the MCB?
Reason for asking is to determine weather you have a R(ing)FC or a radial circuit!

A spur is a single cable from an existing ring circuit. The spur should only supply one socket outlet.

If the fuse for your sockets is 30A or 32A, then a spur is also a pointed metal item which the people who installed your conservatory used when riding their horses into the sunset.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back