electrics

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi, i am moving my baxi wall mounted central heating boiler from kitchen to garage and am confused as to the wiring...........
i am ok with the boiler wiring but the central heating wiring is confusing me. the feed cable for the c/h comes into the kitchen ceiling from underneath the bathroom floor ( i think there is a junction box from the plug socket circuit ) the feed cable runs into a fused switch, wires are red blue and earth. the c/h cable follows the same path from under the bathroom floor. the c/h cable connects red to switch, blue to neutral green to earth and yellow to power the boiler cable. i need to run a cable from my consumer unit into the loft to connect up with the c/h cables. i will be using 4 core cable red,blue,earth and yellow.( the yellow wire also carries power to c/h controls.) do i connect the yellow wire to live in my consumer unit ?
cheers .
mick

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back