ElectriQ oven light on but not heating up

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I am having some trouble with an electriQ oven (model EQOVENM1BLACK) and am hoping for some advice.

When turned on, the oven light comes on, but there is no heat and no fan. This is the case when put either on the grill setting (grill doesn't work) or any of the oven settings (no heat produced).

I thought this might be something to do with the heating element but would that explain the fan not coming on?

I have attached some photos of the grill / heating element. I can't see anything obviously wrong with it.

I'd be grateful for any suggestions.

Thanks!

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_1543.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_1543.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 68
  • thumbnail_IMG_1545.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_1545.jpg
    158.1 KB · Views: 66
  • thumbnail_IMG_1550.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_1550.jpg
    147.5 KB · Views: 53
Sponsored Links
Hi Tricky-Dicky,

Thanks for your help. I don't think there even is a timer - it's a pretty basic model.

Thanks,

Liam

You will need to test the continuity of the element & stats or temperature sensors & supply to them with a multimeter. The fan is for cooling not cooking as far as I can see so probably won't come on until the heat appears anyway.

Sponsored Links
Have a close look at the function selector switch, they have a nasty habit of melting.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back