Electro-Oil AB Manual

Sponsored Links
Thanks Oilman'

The Idiot's guide burner is almost identical in appearance to my own.

Sorry to cause such heartache and soulwrenching to JPH/01. You seemed to calm down in the end.

Understand your frustration at the system. Our particular training instructor was brilliant, but the modules were flew past and the assessments weren't exactly monkey-proof. It was crammed into a short period of time and obviously making the centre a small fortune.

Not that I need to justify myself, but I've been a heating engineer for 7 years and the OFTEC course has opened my eyes to the short comings and dangers in that section of our industry. Now on paper, I'm qualified to deal with those and in time will sort them out to your standards.

Hope to post again soon ;)

I dont think that OFTEC is any different to the CORGI registration in having people registered with little knowledge of boilers.

CORGI would say that being registered is only to show that they are safe and NOT that they have any ability to repair boilers.

After all there is nothing about repairing boilers in the ACS apart from the ability to find a very simple "fault" on an APS. Usually one of the air tubes split or blocked with scotch tape! Not exactly a very demanding fault!

Just like basic plumbing we should have a minimum standard of competence before being allowed to advertise services to the public.

Of course customers are just as much to blame as they dont take much notice of who they call if they are told they will come free and give a quote for the repair.

Tony

Agree with all of that.

Completed my CCN1 two weeks ago and wouldn't dream of opening a combustion chamber unless I became familiar with the appliance or was under supervision of someone who knew what they were doing.

Not self-employed, so now I have back up for when I'm "requested" to carry out works I was not prepared to do for them in the past and got grief for refusing.

All temptation to tinker is gone now, thanks to the course and my ears for listening.

Sponsored Links
have to echco the above sentiments :idea: proper city and guilds or nvq 3 minimum before you take anything related to combustion be it gas or oil,and a full traceble work history within a related industry, not a 6 week course.

have to echco the above sentiments :idea: proper city and guilds or nvq 3 minimum before you take anything related to combustion be it gas or oil,and a full traceble work history within a related industry, not a 6 week course.

Rubbish. This is just what the controllers like to hear. Whatever makes you think all this time taken being indoctrinated is necessary? There are guys without traceable qualifications, scratch building their own gas turbines engines!!!! just as others have built substantial model steam engines. Being bored to death for the sake of a piece of paper is not a necessity.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back