Moving oil tank and use of de-aerator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I plan to replace my existing metal oil tank (currently raised on brick pillars) with a plastic tank. I would like to situate the new tank further away from house than the current tank, and situate it at ground level rather than raised on pillars. I am familiar with the regs regarding situating the tank.

The new location will be approx. at the same level as the boiler (if not slightly higher) , about 25 metres away from the boiler.

To combat the fact that I am lowering the tank, I propose fitting a GOK GS2000 de-aeration device, which I undertsand does not vent the gases so can be fitting internally in the boiler cupboard in the kitchen.

My boiler is a Danesmoor 15/19 with an Electro Oil Inter B9 burner.

Questions:
1. Is my burner a "presssure jet burner", hence compatible with the single pipe lift system with de-aerator?
2. Does the above proposal sound like it will work?
3. Any special things to know about fitting the de-aerator, e.g. height in the boiler cupboard relative to the boiler or oil tank, regulations regarding proximity to the boiler, etc?

Jonathan

Sponsored Links
Hi,

I plan to replace my existing metal oil tank (currently raised on brick pillars) with a plastic tank. I would like to situate the new tank further away from house than the current tank, and situate it at ground level rather than raised on pillars. I am familiar with the regs regarding situating the tank.

The new location will be approx. at the same level as the boiler (if not slightly higher) , about 25 metres away from the boiler.

To combat the fact that I am lowering the tank, I propose fitting a GOK GS2000 de-aeration device, which I undertsand does not vent the gases so can be fitting internally in the boiler cupboard in the kitchen.

My boiler is a Danesmoor 15/19 with an Electro Oil Inter B9 burner.

Questions:
1. Is my burner a "presssure jet burner", hence compatible with the single pipe lift system with de-aerator?
2. Does the above proposal sound like it will work?
3. Any special things to know about fitting the de-aerator, e.g. height in the boiler cupboard relative to the boiler or oil tank, regulations regarding proximity to the boiler, etc?

Jonathan

Yes,it is a pressure jet burner.

Yes it will work.

Keep the de-aerator about the same height as the burner,as long as it's outside the boiler casing, proximity shouldnt be a problem

Dont forget your external fire valve. ;)

The Gok is not self venting/priming so if you run short on oil it is a manual task!!

I prefer to fit a Tigerloop externally if possible!!

Dont forget to modify the oil pump for two pipe operation !!

If the bottom of the tank is level with the burner I would be inclined to to let the oil pump just suck !!

HRM boilers are designed to do this using the same pump!!

If you are not Oftec registered you will need to get a B C notice!!

Ps Dont forget to use flared fittings for the oil pipe!! ;)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back