large oil supply pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks, help needed please. I have been asked to pipe up from a new underground tank about thirty metres to an existing boiler down in a cellar. The boiler is a big beast of a thing with 156kw input and a riello g20 burner.I don't usually work on systems this large.
The tank (5000 litre) is obviously top outlet and the boiler will be 2-3 metres below the level of the tank top. Some of the existing pipe work is not up to standard so i will renew the lot.
Question's are will 10mm pipe (with 1/4" fire valve) supply enough oil (currently on 15mm gravity), will the system have to be a 2 pipe system due to lifting the oil out of the tank but then dropping down into basement below tank level and if so will a GOK be able to supply this size of burner, and i presume i should fit an anti syphon valve as well ?
Thanks in advance, STIX.

Sponsored Links
It would make life easier for when the customer runs out of oil, to have two pipes at the burner, either tiger loop or twin pipe to tank.

10mm will run a 400kW burner, so you won't have any problem with kerosene, though gas oil might need some thought if the pipe is exposed. Riello probably give guide figures for pipe sizing.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back