Heating Oil Supply Pipe Run

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What are the regulations regarding running an oil supply pipe from a tank to the boiler. Does it have to enter the house above ground with a fire valve, or can a fire valve be fitted on the inside and the pipe enter under ground.

Also are there regulations regarding how far it should be from a water supply pipe.

Sponsored Links
Pipe should enter from above ground, Fire Valve should be fitted before it enters the property, underground pipe should be at least 600mm deep, any joints should be within an inspection chamber (not buried)
I'm not aware of any regulations regarding proximity to other underground services ;)

Thanks

Could the pipe enter the building and then run under the floor screed and insulation to where it rises near the boiler? It would be around 20cm (maybe more) below the top of the screed. If this is OK would it need to be in conduit?

Sponsored Links
Thanks but that is not a lot of use. Can anybody else offer any more constructive advice. I will be employing a plumber and heating engineer but I am trying to get all the service pipes in before I lay patios and turf.

You have been given the correct advice.

The fire valve must be located outside.

Valves are made with up to 20m capilliaries, so I suppose you could fit a duct to accommodate it. Separate from the oil supply.

Bear in mind that they do sometimes need replacing, so the duct would need to be straight, and of a size to enable insertion and extraction.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back