Electrolux EKT6045X Fan Element Permanently on Max Temp

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I got a 5 year old electric Electrolux EKT6045X dual oven. I notice the other day that it burnt my dinner even though the main oven was set at 160 degrees and had only been 10 or so minutes.
When I looked in the oven I saw that the 2 turn fan element was glowing hot. I turned it off at the mains and (eventually) it cooled down.
When it was cool I turned the power back on at the wall, but did not actually switch the fan oven on. However, within seconds, the element was warm.... it is heating up even though I have not told it to. The oven has a touch pad, but this is working fine actually controlling everything else.
I took the back off today and noticed that it got so hot that it actually burnt the back plate. I checked all cables and connection and they all seem fine. The thermostats look good too (checked resistance of each and they were the same). Fan motor is also fine.
One thing that concerns me is that the thermal trip did not kick in.... surely as it was so hot it would have.
When I had the back off there was a control/relay board at the bottom. That is the only component that I think could be faulty... maybe the dielectric material in the capacitor(s) have degraded or there is a sticky relay in there?
However this board costs 150 quid and I cannot justify that money without a proper diagnoses, in case I am wrong.

Stagnantly, no fault code appeared on the display so apparently the oven thinks its fine? Again another reason why it may be the control board.

Does anyone have any previous experience with elements turning on by themselves, or any advise to give?

Thanks
Ryan

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back