Electrolux Washer Dryer - Help please !

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, we have an Electrolux EWX14440W washer/dryer. It's recently begun stopping part way through a cycle and the only way we can get it to work again is open the door and let it cool for an hour or so and then stick on a quick wash to rinse the clothes :oops:

We managed to find out somewhere on the net about how to get into the diagnostic codes, which we've done and it comes up with an ED4 code.

Just wondered, does anyone know what this is likely to be?.... It's the usual thing about the machine is 6yrs old so do we repair or replace. I guess if it's a new PCB or something similar it will be off to the skip :cry:

Thanks

Brittas

Sponsored Links
ED4 usually points to a defective dryer module or main pcb. All you can do is check the wiring/connections on both are intact...otherwise I'm afraid you're looking at a service visit.

Thanks zipper. We'll give that a go first otherwise given it's about 6 years old, we might replace it. Thanks brittas.

you dont use the dryer often enough and the dryer element has become damp if you disconnect the dryer element the wash side of it will start to work again it wont be the circuit boards . its a very common fault

Sponsored Links
Ah, Ok - We dont use the dryer facility at all. So, looking at it when you take the lid off, there are 4 wires connected to an element towards the back of the machine - I'm assuming this is the dryer element as it's next to a fan type unit. Would it be OK to just pull these of (marking first) and then leave disconnected?

Many thanks

Brittas

Thanks captaincaveman1.

Did what you suggested and it works fine. We don't use the dryer anyway, so effectively saved ourselves either a pricey call out or new machine.

Thanks

Brittas

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back