Electronic descaler on black pipe before stopcock?

C

Coniferman

I have had one of these electronic "descalers" for twelve months or so now and I can honestly say it is the best thing ... no I can't - it doesn't seem to have made any difference at all. (Still have to descale shower head and clean out the inlet filter on the washing machine with the same regularity)

However, when I fitted it, I put both loops on the pipe as it comes out of the ground before the stopcock. It is a black pipe about 3/4 inch.

I know a lot of people say these things just don't work but before I bin it, is it worth trying it somewhere else, on some of the copper piping (don't know what the black pipe material is?) or am I just wasting my time?

I would have just tried it but the pipework under my kitchen sink resembles spaghetti junction and there is not a long enough straight section without joints, that the instructions say to use.

I'm thinking the black pipe might be some sort of extra strength material that might prevent any possible affect there devices can have??

Sponsored Links
Just realised if I pull out the dishwasher I have a nice long piece of copper to play with :eek:

Don't expect any difference but no harm done.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back