What descaler for my boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've got an electric boiler in the loft with integrated cold feed tank on top which supplies downstairs kitchen sink and bath (don't know what it's called officially, (only that it's made by Castle). There's a load of scale in the cold feed tank which I assume is similar case in hot water tank underneath. I can't fill a bath in one go (tap stops and have to wait 15 mins before turning tap on again) so want to try a descale but a bit confused by variety of descalers available. Thinking of trying Fernox DS3 limescale remover. Also once descaler is in tank can it be emptied through the taps to descale pipes or should tank be emptied independently?

Any advice much appreciated! Thankyou

Sponsored Links
You'll need an acid descaler, but it will also have a go at the copper. Not a lot maybe, but it sounds like the boiler will be quite old. In this case it's probably time to look at a new one, and use something like a combimate to reduce the scaling in future.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back