Electronic or magnetic ballast

@Adam78 to be clear, the LED I linked to was for a 28watt fitting, not 16watt. They do do the smaller version though.

Sponsored Links
@Adam78 to be clear, the LED I linked to was for a 28watt fitting, not 16watt. They do do the smaller version though.

The only reason i bought the 16W philips version was becuase the ballast has 18 on it so I'm assuming thats the max recommended wattage.

This is the one I purchased. You can see on the reverse the images show a tick against HF and a cross against EM. So will this be compatible then with the fitting/ballast i have?
All thats really saying is that it will work with normal high frequency but not in an Emergency fitting version, I have never seen it on a lamp before, its not saying you can or cannot use it with a Magnetic switch start, like you have.
Im sure it will work fine, i would try it

Sponsored Links
The only reason i bought the 16W philips version was becuase the ballast has 18 on it so I'm assuming thats the max recommended wattage.
Yeah, but what came out, 2D uses odd chokes, and an 18 watt choke is usually running a 28 watt lamp which is physically bigger.
Does the 16 watt look to small for the fitting, is that a 16w in your picture of the fitting

Yeah, but what came out, 2D uses odd chokes, and an 18 watt choke is usually running a 28 watt lamp which is physically bigger.
Does the 16 watt look to small for the fitting, is that a 16w in your picture of the fitting
The original is a 28W bulb

The original is a 28W bulb
Then thats right, it runs on a 18 watt choke, a 16w may only have a limited life in it, the choke and lamp need to be compatible, its not a maximum rating.
Either get a 2D lamp and starter (28 watt ) or go for Led as the other poster suggests, dont be concerned what it says on the pack as long as its 4 pin it will be fine.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back