Electronic Under-Tile Heating System

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello everyone

Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

This underfloor heating system is an electronic system and the temperature sensor under the floor is faulty. Is there any way to repair without lifting the tiles? Can a temperature sensor be mounted outside of the tiles?

Thanks,

Dan

Sponsored Links
The thermostat box has a code that says the sensor is gone so I ordered a new one. When I tested the new one by wiring the new sensor in the heating worked fine again. I just did that to check, I have switched the system off again now. So I'm sure it's the sensor that has broken.

Problem is that the old sensor cable runs down in the wall and under the tiles. What can I do to fix it without lifting some tiles?

Problem is that the old sensor cable runs down in the wall and under the tiles. What can I do to fix it without lifting some tiles?
Some mat products come with conduit to install the sensor in a replaceable manner.

If yours hasn't been installed like that, then you have no option but to lift tiles.

Sponsored Links
could you not remove the grout between a few tiles and bury the cable in there? Cable size dependant ofcoarse.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back