Tiling over electric underfloor heating for carpet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello everyone,
I want to tile our entry hall which currently has an electric underfloor heating installed (currently underneath carpet). The electric underfloor heating is of the type used underneath carpets/engineered wood flooring (wire is glued on this aluminium matt).

I do understand, for tiling over, one would use underfloor heating where the wires are glued onto a mesh. Unfortunately, I cannot remove the existing underfloor heating as it is combined with the underfloor heating in the adjacent kitchen.

Do you think I'd be fine tiling over the existing underfloor heating, putting the electric cable into the tiling adhesive?

Thanks for your help and advice!

Sponsored Links
Sure, that’s how it’s done in many applications. Underfloor heating comes as two options: as a mesh, or as single wire. installation is the same for both.

Take care not to damage the element when applying the tile adhesive.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back