Warmup XSTAT U/F Thermostat - Identify Sensor?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm trying to programme an existing Warmup XSTAT underfloor heating thermostat, but I don't know what type of sensor it's getting its temperature reading from - is there any way of finding out without taking things apart, other than trial and error? It's for a bathroom, ceramic tile over ply.

I'm assuming it isn't using an air temp sensor in the wall unit itself, as this is outside the room it controls.

Sponsored Links
Options are: floor sensor; floor and temperature limit sensor; air temperature sensor; air temperature and temperature limit sensor; regulator control (no sensor, just does a set time on and then a set time off repeatedly) and external control (linked to another stat - pretty sure it isn't).

I'm guessing a straightforward floor sensor is the most likely, but it doesn't appear to be staying on until the set temperature is reached.

Has the floor sensor been installed according to instructions?.
Open up stat, should be sensor cable connected to relevant connections(continuity test to see if it works approx 12k/ohms).

Wouldn`t expect to see air temp used, they were for higher temp output heating(conservatory) areas.

http://www.warmup.co.uk/media/pdf/uk_loose-wire-installation-manual.pdf#zoom=100

http://www.warmup.co.uk/media/pdf/UK-Matting-Manual-V0610.pdf#zoom=100

http://www.warmup.co.uk/uk/warmup-product-documentation.phtml

Sponsored Links
Thanks. I'm assuming it was installed properly as it apparently did get hot - seems that it has been reset or messed with. I'll try it on manual rather than timer to see what happens. I don't have a multimeter to hand.

Presumably with a floor sensor, the set temperature is of the floor itself and not an approximation of room temperature?

Thanks. I'm assuming it was installed properly as it apparently did get hot - seems that it has been reset or messed with. I'll try it on manual rather than timer to see what happens. I don't have a multimeter to hand.

Presumably with a floor sensor, the set temperature is of the floor itself and not an approximation of room temperature?

Yes probe sits between the mat element, getting temp from both sides.

If the probe is missing, or faulty then you'll get an error message on the Xstat.

Sounds like a programming option is set wrong.

Do a factory reset (its in the instructions) and go through the set up procedure from scratch.

Reset and started again, using the floor sensor setting; now seems to be working (or at least getting warmer when the timer says it should) - thanks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back