Electrulux Gas Cooker not heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A few weeks ago I called an engineer out to look at my gas cooker (EOG6000W - no 949712283) which was covered by an Electrolux warranty. The cooker was not heating up correctly and they changed the burner at the bottom to correct this. Unfortunately the problem has not been cured. The flame is now very small even on full power setting and does not seem to increase or decrease when the temperature control is turned. Could anyone tell me if this model is fitted with a Flame Failure Device, as I am told this could be the cause, other than that could the thermostat or thermocouple affect the flame this way?

Sponsored Links
I am not an expert, but I believe that any gas appliance that has a pilot light has a flame failure device. Your problem sounds like it will be a gas valve controlled by the thermostat. I am only guessing & would think your best plan would be to call them out again. Any intermittent fault can be difficult to diagnose.

thanks jj4091 for the reply. Have been contacted by the engineer concerned and he is bringing a new thermostat and a thermocouple and he says it's covered by warranty. Many thanks javascript:emoticon(':LOL:')

Sponsored Links
thanks jj4091 for the reply. Have been contacted by the engineer concerned and he is bringing a new thermostat and a thermocouple and he says it's covered by warranty. Many thanks (':LOL:')

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back