Element size?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Element gone in immersion heater and need to replace. Can I ascertain element length without removing first? Tank is an Albion 1050x450 with two elements top and bottom. I need to know the size of the bottom element (economy 7). I would guess 27inch is the correct size? Would save me a bit of hassle if I have the new element to hand when I change it.
Thanks!

Sponsored Links
do you mean it has an immersion heater with two elements, or do you mean it has two immersion heaters?

Both going in from the top, or from the side?

Sorry if not too clear!
Tank has two elements both going in from the side. Lower off peak one needs replacing. Size?

Prob 11" if going horizontally. If it's an unvented cylinder you should get the manufacturer's recommended element IMO.

Sponsored Links
11inch would be the top one as it's just the booster. Night charge one is longer and I can't find anything about manufacturer's recommended element for a Albion 1050x450 tank.

if the tank is 450 wide you obv can't fit in a 27" element from the side.

All normal elements are the same power. The short ones are just bent back on themselves.

Ha ha ...being a bit thick today :oops:
Stuff it, I'll just take it out the morrow after work and hope I can get to shop before they shut. :)

Nothing tripped that I know off. Tried thermostat in other element and it is working so pretty sure the element is kaput! Thanks anyway!

if the tank is 450 wide you obv can't fit in a 27" element from the side.

Whilst its obvious to us it may not be obvious to him! Remember he suggested it himself!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back