Elex 2011

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Did anyone go to this in Harrogate today?
IET did a presentation on the first amendment to the The 17th Edition. The PIR is disappearing as a name and being changed to something to do with installation condition. Heavy focus on SPDs.

NICEIC online courses for 2382, 2392 and 2391 (about the same price as a course held in a training centre). There is still a requirement to take practicals at a C&G approved centre though.

Highlight was meeting and getting a picture with Tony Cable and him showing me a folded hacksaw blade that was seized after being used to heat water for a brew on a construction site:cool:

Sponsored Links
I couldn't get there this year, but I did get to meet Tony Cable there last year.

He looks exactly the same in the flesh as he does in all those training videos :D

...The PIR is disappearing as a name and being changed to something to do with installation condition.
Electrical Installation Condition Report (EICR) I beleive.
Not to be confused with an Electrical Installation Certificate (EIC) of course, muppets.

Edit: The new 7671 amendment was available to a select few too I hear, pretty green it is.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back