Elvox 801 Intercom System

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have recently purchased a flat with an old Elvox 801 system & I tried to install one of those new Ring Intercom systems. I messed it up, and put the Ring Intercom back in the box until I have time to call them. Problem that I have now is that, my Elvox system won’t work (it has a low volume buzz it never had before when someone calls & then I cannot release the door using the button on the phone).

I am not sure if I’ve messed up the wiring. Here is a photo as it is at the moment. Any help would be appreciated. My neighbour who I am friends with unfortunately had his handset replaced by the previous owner so cannot even reference his intercom system.

Thanks.

Attachments

• EC24602C-F45B-4CA5-A45B-593257EBB937.jpeg
    EC24602C-F45B-4CA5-A45B-593257EBB937.jpeg
    209.7 KB · Views: 67
Sponsored Links
The wire colours mean nothing really as was likely decided by the installer rather than any standard.
Terminals are usually labelled , so if you note connections on your neighbours unit with the model number of the handset, you could likely work out your own handset
There's a website called INTERCOMS R US and they show the relevant terminals and functions.
Handsets are not as complicated as they appear.

You may have blown the fuse in the power supply for the AC side , some systems use a multi power supply 12ac / 8v dc

So one of the neighbours is a good friend, but he has a different phone. So if I take the cover off his, I will likely be able to see the wiring?

His phone is the attached image. The site maintenance manager has given me a number for an electrician that has knowledge of the system so fingers crossed.

Attachments

• 45E76BB8-D281-4ED9-B471-61A25DAB6BCE.jpeg
    45E76BB8-D281-4ED9-B471-61A25DAB6BCE.jpeg
    58.7 KB · Views: 35
Sponsored Links
You would have to cross reference between the Videx terminals and the Elvox handset

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back