EMAIL ACCOUNTS

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all , today my hotmail account decided to lock me out , apparently my system might have been infultrated in someway , anyway however hard i try i cant seem to get back online using there so called help system .
Has anyone experienced this and found an easy route to reinstating hotmail , before hotmail i had an orange account absolute nightmare.
What would you recommend as an email provider with accessible customer service and minimal problems BT for instance ? . I just want to use email without all the hassle , thanks for any suggestions Mark

Sponsored Links
The google email is pretty reliable, it is used to power many other ISPs email- eg Virgin.

It has many more advanced features than hotmail.

Little in the way of real time support though unless you opt for the paid for version.

If you want proper control then you might want to look at registering a domain name for about £3.00 pa, eg myemailservice.co.uk, you will then need to pay for hosting (£30+ pa). You will then be able to have [email protected] and [email protected] etc.

Depending on how much you pay for hosting your mail box will be smaller but in the event of failure you can phone the hosting firm to complain.

Sponsored Links
About 2 years ago I lost my hotmail account.
To contact them you have to have another email account, so I created another hotmail.
As I use the original email to store a lot of data, I had to get it back.
Hotmail did it for me took about a week & they asked questions, like what folders I had & who I had in my address book.
==========

Three days ago problems again, I have to keep going through forgot password, but I can get in.

Diyisfun , i have know had the same experience , its says i am locked out so i press continue and hey presto i get in ( sometimes)
They also asked me about emails , contacts etc and for the life of me i struggled to give info so consequently at the moment they don't believe who i am , nightmare considering i have never given them any probs .
Do you think they are having system probs and blaming the users :?:
cheers mark

Diyisfun , i have know had the same experience , its says i am locked out so i press continue and hey presto i get in ( sometimes)
They also asked me about emails , contacts etc and for the life of me i struggled to give info so consequently at the moment they don't believe who i am , nightmare considering i have never given them any probs .
Do you think they are having system probs and blaming the users :?:
cheers mark
After my problems before, I made sure that I new the answer to my secret question.

Hello all , just to let you know how i got on , hotmail (microsoft) sent me a link so as to change password all seems fine know panic over :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back