Email to Phone vs Email to Laptop

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Not a world-ending problem, but why does the same email often take up to half an hour/forty mins longer to arrive on my phone than on my laptop. The phone* is 5 years old, but this has always been the case. Can it be synchronised?

Over to the first-world problem solvers.

CG

* Huawei G7, are 'they' reading them first?

Sponsored Links
I get emails on my phone (Samsung S9) before they arrive on my iPad.

Sponsored Links
Not a world-ending problem, but why does the same email often take up to half an hour/forty mins longer to arrive on my phone than on my laptop. The phone* is 5 years old, but this has always been the case. Can it be synchronised?

CG

Probably because you have got the "check for new emails" set differently.

On my phone I have set mine to manual, because I don't want to use it for email usually. I mostly use it as a phone. The battery lasts much longer if you turn off broadband and wifi, and shops can't track which shelves you are looking at.

You can probably set yours to once a day, once an hour, once a minute... whatever you want.

Your phone may also sleep when it is in your pocket with the screen off to save power.

CG

My first guess would be as John's, that your syncing interval on your phone is longer than that of your laptop.

I thought I'd become Mr lonely as nobody was talking to me...............then I checked my phone settings. Email sync was switched off :oops::oops:

Sponsored Links
Back