emergency combi boiler question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I've had a problem with the central heating. I was removing a rad but one of the valves is damaged and the circuit is draining itself.

I'm letting that empty so I can replace the valves but in the mean time - if I keep the central heating off, can I still run the hot water?

The boiler is a Halstead Finest Gold.

I understand draining a sealed combi heating system can be a pain. Is there anything I should watch out for when refilling it?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
If the boiler has drained then no. Did you isolate the boiler from the ch by the valves under it?

The boiler should only be run with about 1 bar showing on the gauge and you can't run the boiler with the isolating valves closed. Its runs the pump to dissapate heat after a hot water demand.

Thanks for the info.

No, I didn't isolate the boiler. I guess from the question, I should have?

Sponsored Links
Next time fit a Vaillant, you can run these as a water heater only without the ch connected:cool:

Best you can do now is replace the damaged valve asap and refill the system.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back