Emergency repairs to cracked clay drainpipe

Dit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I have just discovered cracks in two drainpipes just below ground level, one of which gushes water when the bath is drained, and the other does the same when the upstairs toilet is flushed. This must have been a problem for some time, as there was a large cavity in the soil adjacent to the house where the water had been pooling.

My first concern is erosion of the footings. My intention in the long term is to replace all drains as there are multiple faults. However I had planned to do this when we have our extension built.

So, my question. Is there an emergency repair that could be done now, such as silicone sealant? Or should I get the broken sections replaced now?

Thanks in advance!

Tim

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Heyhey you are all brilliant, five replies in as many minutes! Thanks so much, I'l get some in the morning!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back