Emergency Stop

Sponsored Links
ricicle said:
This is how I would do it -

32A protective device at DB.Out from there in 4mm² to topside of a suitably rated contactor positoned next to the DB.Out from bottom side of contactor with Ring Final Circuit conductors (or 4mm² radial)

Is it then a "proper" ring final if the ring does not go back to the DB?

Sponsored Links
securespark said:
ricicle said:
This is how I would do it -

32A protective device at DB.Out from there in 4mm² to topside of a suitably rated contactor positoned next to the DB.Out from bottom side of contactor with Ring Final Circuit conductors (or 4mm² radial)

Is it then a "proper" ring final if the ring does not go back to the DB?

Remember the regs are only guidance.If you deviate slightly from recognised wiring practices and can justify your installation taking into consideration safety concerns, disconnection times, cable size etc then no problem.

Do you see a problem Secure?........ ;)

I've done a similar job before but in a PC test room.
I used 2 contactors with the main leg of the ring going to the top of each one of them then carried on with the ring final from the bottom sides.
I used a dual channel safety relay with a minimum of two safety outputs, one to feed each contactor coil supply. Contactor monitoring was also enabled utilising a N/C contact on each contactor so the safety relay wouldn't reset if it saw a sticking contactor. A dual channel safety circuit was run through a number of mushroom headed latching e-stops. A reset button was installed on the panel with a couple of indicators - green for healthy and red for tripped.

It may be overkill but it was for a friend's company and we had a few bits left over from a job!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back