1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Emergency tanking product?

Discussion in 'Plumbing and Central Heating' started by dilalio, 22 Apr 2020.

1. dilalio

dilalio

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Hi all, hope ur all good.

Have a few calls coming in about leaking shower enclosures and emergency remedies for short term.

Obvious solution is shower wall panels to create an encapsulated waterproof area, over the top of existing tiles.

However, can anyone think/suggest of a liquid solution/sealer/membrane that might do the job? Clear product would be ideal but this is function based and aesthetics could be set aside for now, during lockdown.

Cheers for any ideas... I don't think liquid bitumen would go down well though :LOL:

2. Sponsored Links
  3. Madrab

Madrab

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    All the liquid slurry type cementitous/epoxy type membranes aren't pretty @dilalio as I'm sure you know. They're the only types I would think that could be painted/rollered onto tile and provide reliable waterproofing shorter term, that could then get a plastic wet panel on top.

4. dilalio

dilalio

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Sorry @Madrab only just seen your reply.
    Needless to say, I ripped the whole lot out as the leak had been going on for years and the joists were rotted thru. Surprised they didn't go through the floor lol.