Mira 88 shower - leaking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

I have just moved in to a new house and in the en suite there is a shower enclosure with a Mira 88 shower. The shower is not particularly powerful and is constantly dripping from the shower head and the temperature dial, this is causing a lot of mildew to build up in the enclosure.

The shower does have a cord outside of the enclosure which provides hot water once pulled (sorry for the simple descriptions-I'm new to this kind of thing!).

Ideally I would like to replace the shower at some point, or if the leaking can be stopped as a short term solution that would be great if anyone cam help?

I have looked around various stores and I'm not 100% sure what the shower is. The external cord made me think it was an electric shower, but looking on this site people have said it is an exposed valve shower. This means I'm not what I can replace it with!

Any help would be massively appreciated.

Thanks

Adam

Sponsored Links
You can buy a service kit that will sort out the dripping.

Easy DIY task.

Ted

And as for the pull cord outside?
Does that switch a shower pump or an immersion heater? Bizarre if it does - the 88 is a traditional mixer shower.
John :)

Sponsored Links
Hi all,

Thanks very much for your replies, ibhave just ordered acservice kit to try and stop the leaking.

I still have no idea what the pull cord does for the shower as it runs hot water if you don't pull down on the cord!

Thanks again for your help

Adam

Fitted new service pack, all seems OK till the water is turned on. The shower will not turn off completely, and is very stiff to turn. The 2 plastic pistons have a grove around the leading edge could this be my problem?any help pleas

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back