EMMA branded extractor fans

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All. Nice forum you have here!

I need your help please guys. I need to get a replacement extractor fan for my bathroom before I move out, and before my landlord sees. (It's a long story).

The extractor fan is attached to the ceiling and is controled via the light switch. It remains on for a few minutes when the light is turned off.

The extractor fan has got "Emma" written on it in blue writing. I can't find this branding anywhere in any shops. Can someone please help me find one please? I think it's about 100 / 120 mm diameter. Would the timer device (which delays it turning off) be controled wihin the unit, or by an external unit? (There is a 2nd switch on the outside of the bathroom which allows you to turn off the fan when it's running on this delay).

Thank you all very much.

-Ash Smith- a.k.a Shrapnel.

Sponsored Links
why not measure it and replace with one same dimensions / spec (timer is in fan) sure landlord wont mind (like with like)

please note my signature

Sig noted mate :)

So the timer unit is within the Fan unit? I guess that makes it more expensive.

Is it worth me just flicking all the circuit breaker, checking all sockets are off, then un-wiring it? Then taking it into B&Q?

Are these things hard to fit? I've done light fixings etc before.

Thanks.

switch it on, then turn the mcb (circuit breaker) off, start with the lights. (most probable) then yes, and yes they are (do watch for the ducting, remember to put it on new fan)

Sponsored Links
Ok thanks.

I would rather like to know where these Emma extractors come from? It's bugging me that I can't find them! I've even seen on in a pub down the road. My mate is asking the landlord tonight, hehe.

So these are hard to fit are they? Will I need any special tools or will just screw drivers and an angle grinder do it (j.k) :D

For anyone that also needs these bits of kit, a mate on a Vectra forum found them:

here

I guess I'll need the autoshut one.

Cheers

P.S. Breezer, I had a mate from school that lived in Vanuatu. His Mum was in their olymipic golf team many years ago! lol.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back