Emulsion onto textured vinyl paintable wallpaper.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am trying to paint our newly hung 'Luxury Textured Paintable Vinyl' wallpaper with Dulux 'natural hints' Matt emulsion inJasmine White.

The paper itself has a very fine embossed pattern, and having given it the first coat with the above watered down emulsion, and a second coat of non watered down emulsion, the walls look very 'patchy'. On close inspection, I can see that some of the paint has gone into the embossed 'ridges', and some hasn't.

I have tried painting over the patches, but it somehow makes it worse, because where the paint has 'fully' got into the pattern, it makes the other areas very obvious that it hasn't.

Is the answer to apply another watered down coat, and if so, just how watered down should it be. Or does it need sealing somehow?

Incidentally, I have tried using different pile rollers, emulsion brush and paint pads and they all end up the same - very patchy.

Any suggestions would be very very welcome.

Thanks.[/img]

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back