What can i do about a painted textured wall paper gone wrong

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Last year I re-papered my bathroom with one of those paintable textured vinyl wallpapers and then covered it with three coats of kitchen and bathroom Dulux emulsions only to find to my horror that the paint not only remained sticky but started to peel off. Someone suggested to me that the two are not compatible but that I might solve the problem by painting the whole surface with Zinzer 123 primer and then give further coats of emulsion. I can't see that would work somehow and I suspect I will have to restart the project again but what infuriates me is that there was no mention on either product of this supposed incompatibility so I was wondering if anyone here could advise me Thanks

Sponsored Links
Never had a problem with paintable papers, just to check you didn't use any PVA did you?
Zinsser will give a good base adhesion but I don't think it will dry out your existing coat.
Dulux is not famed for it's customer service sadly like many other paint manufactures, but still worth a call to see what they say.

Never had a problem with paintable papers, just to check you didn't use any PVA did you?
Zinsser will give a good base adhesion but I don't think it will dry out your existing coat.
Dulux is not famed for it's customer service sadly like many other paint manufactures, but still worth a call to see what they say.
paint is dry now as i did it several months ago. The strange thing is the peeling looks like someone had deliberately scratched the surface in certain small areas,.Thanks anyway i will contact Dulux

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back