Could I ask for some advice on what paint I should use please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I wonder if somebody could help me please. I purchased some super fresco paintable wallpaper from B&Q along with some Dulux Brilliant White Silik Emulsion paint. I last used this type of paper and paint around 10 years ago, I put the paper on the wall, painted it with silk emulsion, and it was all good. I have come to paint this new wall paper using the silk emulsion and hit problems. The paint has gone very patchy and remains sticky after a few days, and you need to wear sunglasses to protect yourself from the glare as the surface is very shiny. I contacted Graham and Browne who make the Superfresco and they suggesterd using matt emulsion only. I noticed on the internet that others had experiienced similar issues with Anaglypta, so I gave them a call too. They advised that they were aware of problems using silk emulsions on their papers and suggested sticking to matt. We may be the only people still using anaglypta !!!! but I just wondered if anybody else had maybe encountered similar problems and, if so, what paint did you use. We were hoping to use the silk to produce a harder wearing and washable surface as we did previously. Thanks.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back