Painting help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Looking for a bit of advice. We are painting husbands study. We did two walls using Matt emulsion, which I think looks fine. Then hubbie has to go buy more paint (don't ask why he didn't buy enough at the time), unfortunately he bought silk emulsion, didn't notice and painted the other two walls! I now have two nicely painted Matt walls and two horrible patchy silk walls!

What are my options? Can I just paint over the silk walls with Matt emulsion or...?

Sponsored Links
As a rule it is inadvisable to paint matt over silk, it dosen't take well, you need to use a primer like Zinsser 123 of a soft sheen paint which is a sort of halfway house first, but as the silk is fresh and not yet cured I would go for it with the matt at once ;)

I would say it wouldn't hurt to give the silk walls a light sanding all over. Just a quick, light sand, don't make a meal of it, and then a very good dust off.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back