Emulsion Peeling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
When we moved into our house we had it all re plastered.
Even tho i used a wash coat twice i am still getting a small patch of emulsion ( dulux ) that has started to crack and peel and the worst thing is it's right in the middle of the damn living room wall.

I've tried scraping it off to about 3 ft sq then sanding all the edges in and re wash coat etc and building the paint back up ....but i can see it..
Tbh it's really ****ing me offf ( scuse the language ) as i tried to follow all the advice and get this hassle lol..
Anything else i can do apart from strip the entire wall and restart ?

Sponsored Links
Is the problem, that its peeling away again?

or is the problem, you can see the outline of where you scraped and sanded it back?

Yeh i can see the outline where i sanded it back , i doubt anyone else can as no one has ever made a comment about it .
But to me the wall wont be done properly unless i scrape it all off and get an even coat it'll just wind me up forever.

Is there any special undercoat or should i just use more wash coats this time ?

Sponsored Links
When you try and attempt to patch something like that your always going to be up against it..once you start filling and rubbing down youll have different surfaces that will bounce to light off in different ways.

The first thing ig try would be to get it back to the bare plaster and give it a very light rub down..the reason it flaked could be because the finish plaster underneath could be over polished then give it a coat of thinned out water based primer undercoat or dulux stain block..then fill the area..providing it wasnt much bigger than a square foot..rub it down and the re apply your top coat using the same type of roller that you did the walls with to get some texture back

If that didnt work id line the wall and re paint it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back