en suite bathroom placement ideas...

Bit crowded cos I was trying to work out sizes but that will work. The soil stack will have to run under the window on the outside wall to meet the other section unfortunately. That is your only way if you want a 1400 shower.
image.jpeg

Sponsored Links
Bit crowded cos I was trying to work out sizes but that will work. The soil stack will have to run under the window on the outside wall to meet the other section unfortunately. That is your only way if you want a 1400 shower.
View attachment 106881
Thats was muted as an option but I dont want a stack on the outside.. it would be quite visible in my back garden. The shower doesnt have to be 1400.. I just didnt want one with doors and runner n stuff as they get all sh1t up. The idea of a walk in with minimal profiles, no door or runners appeals to me.

Ive confused you m8, the stack runs along the 1450 wall.. see the file I attached en suite ideas mark 2.jpg

I know pal, so where I've drawn the shower, the existing stack from the other bathroom will run under the shower. But to make it work, you will have to have another section of soil pipe from the toilet, run externally that will meet with the other section (bottom right hand side)

Just read your post about stack being internal, that makes it feckin awkward.

Sponsored Links
I know pal, so where I've drawn the shower, the existing stack from the other bathroom will run under the shower. But to make it work, you will have to have another section of soil pipe from the toilet, run externally that will meet with the other section (bottom right hand side)
yes I got that in the end... see post above ^^

yes I got that in the end... see post above ^^

Just got yours too, internal stack makes it awkward but you'd have to go external and go back in with it, will be mega awkward but can be done. As u know you can't go through the joists, only other option is fitting a cubicle shower would give you more options.

Just got yours too, internal stack makes it awkward but you'd have to go external and go back in with it, will be mega awkward but can be done. As u know you can't go through the joists, only other option is fitting a cubicle shower would give you more options.

Yes I am getting that now.. but I absolutely hate the things.. they seem to leak every year and get gunged up with all the moving parts and the chrome corrodes. In short they are sh1te.

The walkins with just a slim profile and no moving parts was a real attraction...

Could use 1000x700 shower and have the toilet next to it right ontop of the stack. Will be feckin tiny tho imo

If door was opening into bedroom you could have shower full length of the new partition wall, the door next to window wall, window in the corner by the soil stack, toilet ontop of stack (almost) and the sink next to it or to the left of the door, either or. If that makes sense

If door was opening into bedroom you could have shower full length of the new partition wall, the door next to window wall, window in the corner by the soil stack, toilet ontop of stack (almost) and the sink next to it or to the left of the door, either or. If that makes sense
the wall adjoining bedroom would only be 1450 and I thought door was 900? only leaves 550 width for a shower?

the wall adjoining bedroom would only be 1450 and I thought door was 900? only leaves 550 width for a shower?

Don't have to use 838 frame, to be quite honest that's for wheelchair access but if it's upstairs they'll have a job getting the chair up nevermind thru the door. Can use 762 (usual) or a smaller frame which can range from 600-700 (not sure exact sizes) which would improve wallspace. Still gonna be tight either way.

considering every mm is precious in this situation. what is the thinnest stud wall I can create? from the back wall to my window is 1610, leaving 10mm after the window gives me 1600...

that 1600 gets consumed by the shower tray, the door, stud frame, a layer of backerboard each side, tile adhesive and tiles (nothing exotic say 9mm)

so the only element i can influence is the stud frame.. the door and for obvious reasons i want the shower tray as wide as possible.

door = 750? (inc frame tiled up to)
shower tray 760 = 748mm as 12mm consumed by tiles (getting one with 3 upstands)
2 x 6mm backerboard (is 6mm ok) = 12mm
2 x 9mm tiles =18mm
2 x tile adhesive = 6mm (too little)?
running total is 1534mm, leaving only 66mm for the frame.. say 50mm for margin of error.

is 50mm enough for a framed studd?

ok fella, change of tack. bath now instead of shower... with mixer tap. pic attached. thanks for all the input.

Attachments

• daughters en suite plan final.png
    daughters en suite plan final.png
    24 KB · Views: 62
Run the soil "branch" (not stack) outside and you can have the ensuite(s) you desire... they add value to a property... visible branches do not detract from it!
Make the waste work the easiest way possible and enjoy comfort living from the inside without worrying about what you see when you look up on the odd occasion... that's what I'd do!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back