en suite bathroom placement ideas...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I have a space that I want to populate with a shower, cw and sink. Trouble is the soil stack is in and my initial idea would mean putting a toilet waste through at least 2 joists and that a nono.. looking for inspiration around where I can fit everything.

I wanted the shower to be a walk in one with a tray and thats causing the problem really due to the size of it.

Attachments

• en suite ideas.jpg
    en suite ideas.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 190
Sponsored Links
May just be me but that drawing makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. Which way do the joists run and what the feck is that soil stack doing running from 1 end of bathroom to other or was that your 'idea' ? Window and door can be moved so does that mean this isn't actually built ?

Also what size shower base you lookin at cos you've not said on the drawing ?

Sponsored Links
sorry I should have explained.

my ensuite at the moment is quite long so we are splitting it into two ensuites, the one I am asking about is the end of my current ensuite - we are going to be putting in a partition wall.the new one is going to be for my daugthter.. its not built yet so thats why the window and door are moveable. the soil stack runs that way as it comes from the other bathroom... the joists are running the same way as the soil stack I presume as otherwise the soil stack was notched into all the joists in that room.

the shower tray was going to be 1400... along the right hand wall above the soil stack bu the plumber has said in order to get the toilet on the window wall would mean notching 100mm out of 2 or 3 joists and thats not good.

Attachments

• en suite ideas.jpg
    en suite ideas.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 185
May just be me but that drawing makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. Which way do the joists run and what the feck is that soil stack doing running from 1 end of bathroom to other or was that your 'idea' ? Window and door can be moved so does that mean this isn't actually built ?

Jeez. Glad you said that coz I thought I'd had too many San Miguel's! :ROFLMAO:
Op: sort your drawings out then maybe we can help you!

Imo.

image.jpeg

Edit; that was done to your first drawing but won't work with the further post you've put up, (y):whistle:

You must have some big ass gaps under your floors to take the stack from one ensuite through another to outside. Holy Christ.
Only way I can think of doing it is below depends how high the pitch roof is and wether you can get the correct fall?

image.jpeg

Or swop toilet and sink round but you will have no room between the door and sink unit unless you make the sink unit smaller. Will still have to run bog stack outside as you can't drill 4" holes through joists.

So where is the external stack? Does it run all the way out to the window wall or does it do a 90 and go out the side wall?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back