En-suite - building regulation approval?

13 Apr 2015
Reaction score
United Kingdom
One plumber has just quoted for our new ensuite but claims it doesn't need building regulation approval/building notice provided that the electrical installation is installed/certified by a competent electrician under Part P.

First, I thought that as this was a fresh installation creating a new room within our master bedroom that building regulation approval was required. Can somebody confirm?

Second, in creating the ensuite we're knocking through a single doorway in the non load bearing wall between two bedrooms to steal some space for the ensuite from the neighbouring bedroom. Irrespective of the ensuite is this work notifiable?
Sponsored Links
The ensuite would need Building Regs approval, but knocking through a non-structural partition won't.
B/regs required for waste connection, ventilation and sound insulation

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links