enable my wiffi encription security

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi i am in need of some help please i have a netgear wireless router on sky broadband but its not secure my son came to visit and he was able to log on to my broadband and use it what i want to know is how do i get into the modem settings to be able to set up the w p a as i have been told thats what makes it secure to hackers and others logging on, i have an idea that i need to put into the search bar a 198.--- number but i do not know where i can find the info to be able to do it

thanks mick

Sponsored Links
Hi i am in need of some help please i have a netgear wireless router on sky broadband but its not secure my son came to visit and he was able to log on to my broadband and use it what i want to know is how do i get into the modem settings to be able to set up the w p a as i have been told thats what makes it secure to hackers and others logging on, i have an idea that i need to put into the search bar a 198.--- number but i do not know where i can find the info to be able to do it

thanks mick

192.168.0.1 this will take you into router on screen, if if is newit will have standard password as (prob) admin. Be careful dont set things up and lock yourself out. Lots of setting to play with in there.

Sponsored Links
If its a sky installed or supplied netgear then the SSID encyption should be set as default and you should have a little credit card sized card with your passkey on it.

edit: just seen the above post :oops:

hi many thanks for all your input i am now protected against any of my neighbors using my broadband, just shows how easy it is when you know how ,
i am a big believer in every man to his job
i deal with gas boiler repairs etc and they can be a bit complicated for people if you dont know about them

thanks once again mick

Back