Enclosure for subwoofer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Designing a second subwoofer enclosure. The first one wasn't all that complicated, just slot vent for 2 12" subs. I want an enclosure that is different and more unique. Was thinking of a fiberglass enclosure but I was not sure of what shape. I had a very bizarre idea as I was searching through all the websites... what about a sphere sub enclosure? Would it be a sealed enclosure or is there a way to port it? I want them in separate enclosures.

Suggestions and advice please.

Sponsored Links
Designing a second subwoofer enclosure. The first one wasn't all that complicated, just slot vent for 2 12" subs. I want an enclosure that is different and more unique. Was thinking of a fiberglass enclosure but I was not sure of what shape. I had a very bizarre idea as I was searching through all the websites... what about a sphere sub enclosure? Would it be a sealed enclosure or is there a way to port it? I want them in separate enclosures.

Suggestions and advice please.

I cannot offer any advice, other than saying that my 1300W B&O subwoofer looks like a sphere that has the top and two sides sliced off.

Stupid money though.

And for what it worth, we are no longer able to afford (yr 2000 prices) for a £1200 subwoofer. It is hidden under a chair, but so aesthetically pleasing that it deserves to be in full view.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back