Old Showerlux shower - Help!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I bought a house a few years ago, under rental now, with a "Showerlux"
shower - offset quadrant enclosure with 2 sliding doors, quite old by
the look of it. Don't know the model. Quadrant size is I think 1000x800cm.

The wheels allowing the doors to close were damaged and one of the panel
fell off and broke.

I am now looking at a new enclosure as I am not sure a single door can
be sourced. I cannot change the tray as it would imply a major work with
breaking the floor tiles ... I don't want to impose this to my tenants.

Would you know if or where I could find another panel, new or second hand, maybe from scrap? If I cannot find a panel I will have to replace the all enclosure but the tray seems to have a funny shape, it is more curvy than the ones I can see on various websites.

I will attach pictures of the shower that I took when I purchased the house.

Thank you for your help.

Letty

Attachments

• IMG_3501.JPG
    IMG_3501.JPG
    279.5 KB · Views: 454
  • IMG_3500.JPG
    IMG_3500.JPG
    310.6 KB · Views: 366
  • IMG_3502.JPG
    IMG_3502.JPG
    302 KB · Views: 337
Sponsored Links
A few more pictures

Attachments

• Shower5.jpg
    Shower5.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 217
  • Shower4.jpg
    Shower4.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 239
  • Shower3.jpg
    Shower3.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 280
  • Shower2.jpg
    Shower2.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 306
  • Shower1.jpg
    Shower1.jpg
    169.5 KB · Views: 226
"More curvy" , whilst elegantly descriptive, lacks a certain precision that might come in handy when ordering a replacement.

I can't see clearly from your photos if you have a quadrant or offset quadrant tray.

Screens come in nominal sizes based on the tray size, the actual range of fitting tolerance being a bit less to account for tiles etc. Some offset quadrant screens are reversible.

If you remove the trim below the tray you'll be able to measure the actual tray size.

Get in touch with Showerlux themselves, their customer support is usually quite efficient and they do a host of parts, shame it wasn't caught sooner as the rollers and brackets etc are readily available from them.

Sponsored Links
Hi,

Polesapart, it is an offset quadrant 1000 x 800.
What do you mean by "remove the trim below the tray"?

Madrab, I did contact and they said:
"The part shown and described belongs to an original Linea/Eden sliding enclosure which has sadly been discontinued here in the UK for over 7 years, sadly very few parts remain for this model, the roller shown has been discontinued meaning they're no longer available".
About installing a new enclosure on the old tray, they said:"unfortunately the existing trays unique, its not a standard size".

I will probably have to remove all the bits and install a new shower. Plumbing is made for a high tray so I will have to install high tray again, floor tiles are discontinued so will have to patch the floor... Unless I spend lots of money and time, I will end up with a new but old and scruffy looking bathroom.

All I would need is another panel.

Letty

If going down a new tray just jump to the next size up or two and you will cover the existing floor tiles

Yes, I think we could do that. We have margin on one side, a bit less on the other side next to toilet.

Have been given a estimate of £1500 to take away the existing and replace with new tray and cubicle + a bit of tile at the base of the tray. I find it expensive. My concern is that the wall tiles are discontinued, the existing shower tray is high so unless we add a bit of plumbing work which we'll cost we'll have to raise the new tray ... and we'll end with a nasty looking bathroom that will looked mended. The actual tenants will have a working shower but the future tenants might found this shaby. I would have prefered spending a bit more at a later time to re-do the complete bathroom but properly. Don't know what to do.

Thanks.
Letty

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back