Small shower trays

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi.
I'm looking to try and fit a shower enclosure in a space behind the door. I want to get a quadrant one but the smallest I am to be able to find is 800 but unfortunately that is literally about 25mm too big. I've seen 760mm square ones but not a quadrant one, are they available. Or could I get an 800 tray and recess it into the wall 25mm or would that make the screens not fit? Any help really appreciated.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
the screen will have a tolerance as tiles are of different thicknesses; check your dimensions (including how truly plumb your walls are) carefully, and recessing your 800 quad may work.
You need tray size, screen tolerance, tile thickness inc cement before you commit.

How's your carpentry skills. Take the door off, fit a 25mm fillet onto the frame and the adjust the architraves, trim 25mm off the door, recut the hinges, and refit the door, and the door stop. But I'm not even going to suggest you take the wall down and fit an internal sliding door.

Thanks for the replies I will check the dimensions I know the wall is not particularly flat but I will check how plumb it is.
I did think of reducing the door opening but when I checked it is already only a 670 width so I was worried about making it even smaller although I know an extra inch isn't much difference so I still might.
Thanks again

Sponsored Links
It's only a bathroom, so there's no furniture to carry in and out - even taking the door stops into account, you'll only go down to about 620mm wide.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back