End Brackets For Rails

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All.

If I want to fit three or possibly four towel rails to the wall (probably from 19mm chrome tubing), with each rail being further away from the wall as the one before it, are there any end brackets that would enable this?

I originally had the following type in mind, however, they seem to be only available in about two sizes everywhere I go, with not much difference between the sizes.

http://www.avenuesupplies.co.uk/showimage.php?id=2929

Do any other end brackets exist apart from the above type and in varied sizes?

If I wanted to use white tubing, would there be a difference between the usual type that is widely available and the type that is used in wardrobes for the purpose stated above? The wardrobe ones are cheaper.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
I've seen those brackets in places like B&Q. Not sure if they come in the sizes you're after tho. How about fixing different sized wood blocks/battons to the wall first then fix the brackets to them? (super-bodge to the rescue!! :LOL: )

As far as i'm aware, the only difference between the pipes is that one's chrome and the others plastic coated. I've used both in my bathroom with no ill effects.

Thanks wanabechippie.

Sorry I only just saw your reply. Didn't think anyone had answered. Appreciate it!

If 'wood blocks/batons' are just pieces of plain wood, then I don't think it would look too elegant; or are they some special sort of fittings that I haven't heard of? Would you be able to point me to a picture of them?

The wardrobe ones seem a bit heavier; maybe it's the plastic.

Thanks.

Traveller said:
Thanks wanabechippie.

Sorry I only just saw your reply. Didn't think anyone had answered. Appreciate it!

If 'wood blocks/batons' are just pieces of plain wood, then I don't think it would look too elegant; or are they some special sort of fittings that I haven't heard of? Would you be able to point me to a picture of them?

The wardrobe ones seem a bit heavier; maybe it's the plastic.

Thanks.

i would go with wannabees idea of wood

you could have a triangle the shape of half an oblong with a strait diagonal or curved at a radius to match the rods stepping down and out for the next rod so you have one solid peice per end

or if you have 2 lengths of bracket say 1 and 2" from the wall secure them to the wall then underneath a shaped bit of 2x2" wood

this would give you rails at 1x2" then 3x4" on the batton

Sponsored Links
Thanks big-all. I'm finding it difficult to picture your instructions as I'm not very well-versed with this sort of thing. Maybe I'll try again in the morning, haha.

Traveller said:
Thanks big-all. I'm finding it difficult to picture your instructions as I'm not very well-versed with this sort of thing. Maybe I'll try again in the morning, haha.

nah dont worry i can talk martian sometimes :D :D :D

it makes perfect scence to me but no one else :eek: :eek: :eek:

i will have another go tomorow if required :D ;)

Something like this, BA?

TowelRailEnd.jpg

Scrit

Scrit said:
Something like this, BA?

TowelRailEnd.jpg

Scrit

yep spot on scrit thank you how do you do that !!!!

i still use squared paper to draw my plans havent reached the computer age for graphics :eek: :eek: ;)

Thanks everyone.

So are these contraptions readily available or do they need to be made? I was hoping for the former.

You have to make them. Personally I'd consider getting a plasma or laser profiling firm to cut thenm out of steel from my CAD drawings, weld on the lugs, polish and plate for a nice finish - but then again I have a plasma cutter about 7 or 8 miles down the road and a good chrome-plater nearby, too

Scrit

Thanks Scrit; using a screwdriver was as far as I wanted to go! Haha.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back