Making clothes rail that hangs on wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sponsored Links
Those brackets are often used horizontally and they'll work perfectly well if you can get a good fixing to your wall.
John :)

Ah just realised they are supposed to hang vertically, so would have to hang them from the ceiling! Just need to find some wall brackets that hold an oval rail, that come out far enough to hang the clothes on, but it's proving difficult.

Sponsored Links
Have a look at your local charity shops, they usually use Spur type wall uprights with a variety of hanging rails/brackets. Then got to online shopfitting suppliers.

You could use a couple of angle shelf brackets on the wall and add a timber then the standard oval end brackets could be used.

You could use a couple of angle shelf brackets on the wall and add a timber then the standard oval end brackets could be used.

Good idea, though would the edge of the shelf would be thick enough to attach those oval end brackets?

It took 7 seconds to find this one, I expect there are others: http://www.shopfittings-ltd.co.uk/wall-mounted-hanging-rail-bracket.html

That's exactly what i'm looking for, only oval shaped!

Oh I see, what size is the rail then? It's doubtful you'll find one exactly to match. if its a temporary thing does it matter if the rail is a bit loose?

The width of the rail is 15mm. I would assume most oval racks have this standard fitting.

I would buy a 4ft wall rack altogether if they weren't so pricey!

[/QUOTE]
the oval brackets you have would then hang down underneath[/QUOTE]

Ah of course, never thought of that! Great idea, and would give me extra shelf space to put things on. Think i'll do this then, thanks alot :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back