Pole / rail to hang clothes on?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Trying to use space more effectively in our small 'box' room. There some unused space between the wardrobe and wall - because the floor has a slant in it due to the stairs below.

I was going to try and have a pole run horizontally from the wall to the wardrobe, so that I can use it to hang clothes, coats etc on with coat hangars.

I'm not sure what the best way to do this would be, so hopefully someone can offer some suggestions.

I was looking at something like this:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wenko-Telescopic-slide-chrome-70-115/dp/B000SLS8OQ/ref=pd_sxp_f_pt

But I'm not sure if it would stay in place under the weight of clothes, and if the wardrobe would lean to one side...

The distance between the wall and the wardrobe is about 3 feet or roughly 90cm.

Any ideas what I could but to achieve this? If I could get away with it, I would rather not attach the pole to the wardrobe with screws etc - in case we needed to move it. But Could maybe attached some sort of wardrobe fitting to the wall and to the side of the wardrobe?

Hope this makes sense..

Sponsored Links
Better to secure pole to wall and use a made up hanging bracket [bit of mdf or ply] on the wardrobe side, once fully loaded should be stable , wider the hanging plate the better. A bit of double sided foam tape will stop any swing on the wardrobe hanging plate and is easily removed. View media item 44269

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back