Towel rail radiator - broken brackets / supports

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Brugman towel rail radiator and all 3 of the plastic brackets (supports) have broken off. I have temporarily fasten the radiator to the wall using string wound to some screws in the wall but this is not ideal.
I have tried frantically to get hold of some spare brackets but to no avail. I have spoken to some plumbers who say that you cannot get these separately and you have to buy a new radiator!! Given that they cost in the region of £150 - £200, this is not a realistic option as we want to retain the existing one. I have spoken with various plumbing and heating retail outlets and I could not find any that deal with Brugman radiators. I even contacted Brugman's european office in Holland and they gave me the contact of a company in Liverpool, but when I rang them they just said try Plumb Center who I had already contacted!!
One outlet did say that I could use some 1" wardrobe supports (which I assume meant the supports used to hold the clothes rail).
Can someone please give me some advise on the best solution as I am coming to the end of my tether..

Thanks. :mad:

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back