Screwfix curved Towel rail and Brackets

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi
just thought id let you know my experience of fitting this towel rail

So ive been told to "Do" the bathroom by my undemanding wife, off i trot to screwfix to get heated towel rail. When i got it home and started to prepare it for fitting i soon realised that the tubular stand off brackets were useless. Because if you mount the brackets on the wall and hang radiator you will find the brackets will be at an angle due to the curvature of the rails. It does not look good and you can distort the brackets which makes them weak.
The solution to this problem is to get the curved towel rail bracket kit from B&Q!! Yes thats right.The tubular brackets are mounted on a ball which allow you to get the right angle to the wall. I rang screwfix customer services and they are aware of this problem they sent me a £10 voucher to cover the cost of my purchase at B&Q .
This was back in May so hopefully they have addressed this problem.

Sponsored Links
get the fuk have they. their brackets are useless as you say fit the bq ones.

I've just fitted a 1100 x 500 curved chrome rad from a Builders merchants.
Cost me £20 less than Screwyoufix and the designer rad valves were £8 as opposed to SFX who were £15 :rolleyes:

I do like the touch of authenticity on Screwfix chrome towel rails.
After a few months the discolouraisation and rust marks sure looks good. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back