advice for hanging a chrome towel rail using microbore

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,I have a radiator to fit,anyone got any advice for hanging a chrome towel rail using microbore? i have fit these before,but not using microbore.
will the brackets hold it ok? as 15mm seen to sit on it,so the brackets just hold it to the wall? the brackets normally are weak arent they? any advice?
cheers
ben

Sponsored Links
the brackets should be no problem on an rad as you don't use the pipes to surport the rad.
and towel rails are only light compaired to a double convector rad.

HI

fits just as normal as with 15mm pipe however if possible why not increase the size to 15mm chrome which will change the look with chrome towel rail

thanks,needed that as my brackets were a bit weak shall we say,ebay ****ee,impulse buy.i hope they hold the rad ok as microbore is weak isnt it

Sponsored Links
HI

fits just as normal as with 15mm pipe however if possible why not increase the size to 15mm chrome which will change the look with chrome towel rail

wont the valves be for microbore though?

did it state they where microbore valves usally only got reducer in them and will be 15mm valves.

havent seen them yet,its for the wife's boss,so dont wanna mess it up,as she is a dentist on 90k a year,so nice house,lol.

I have never fitted a towel radiator using microbore and don't know many people that do- except diy'ers -for one good reason- it looks rubbish.
Convert to 15mm under the floor before coming up to the valves.
You should not be relying on the pipes to support the radiator. A big no no.
Bracket it to the wall properly or you are asking for trouble.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back