End feed into HW cylinder question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello everyone, I have a quick techincal question. The cold water feed into my hot water cylinder has a 22mm T with a drain off. As you can see this has been leaking. My plan was to leave the end feed union connected to the tank, sweat off the T joint, cut the 22mm pipe before the elbow and redo with new pipe.

Or, should I replace the union on the tank as well? I'm guessing they are just compression fittings? no extra seals/gaskets I need to buy?
Thanks
xf9psrxsc1lb1.jpg

Sponsored Links
The union into the cylinders are usually a threaded tapping but there are so many different approaches that it could be a formed swaged end that is part of the cylinder and would only be soldered. Hard to say from the pic. I'd start by draining & remove the tee and see whether the elbow is still sound as the heat may affect that too, so it may be an idea to replace that too. Then just re-make all the connections with a new drain off.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back