End of Adobe Flash and IP Cameras

Sponsored Links
I have 4 PHYLINK Bullet cameras which I believe are identical to the UCAM 247 model. These were purchased in 2016 when the removal of Flash was a long time in the future and not an obvious consideration when purchasing a CCTV. For these cameras the dedicated Windows 10 app still works OK, whereas using direct access to view the video stream with Firefox is blocked by Adobe. There is a workaround, which is to change the computer clock to any time before January 12th 2021 just prior to running Flash. I find it necessary to use Firefox this way in order to change the motion detection windows. (In case Windows 10 and/or Firefox eliminate Flash completely I can run Windows 7 with a fixed version of Firefox inside VirtualBox).

I usually use the iPhone app to monitor the video feed directly. It is a bit of a concern that the PHYLINK app (PHYCAM) no longer exists on the app store, although I see that UCam247Live is still available and will probably work with my cameras.
It's a great shame that these cameras seem no longer to be manufactured but any replacement should have the capability to store its videos onto a NAS server, Dropbox, etc without the need to pay for a subscription.

I realise this is an old thread but it shows up in web searches so thought I’d update here. I had the same problem as previous posters, using ucam247 cameras that require flash player. I had given up accessing the cameras via PC and used the ucam247 app on iPad, but that has recently disappeared from the App Store.

I tried accessing the camera from PC using a browser and the Live Feed doesn’t show (requires flash) but I could still accessing settings. Also, when clicking on saved files and alerts, it downloads a .mov file so I can view files that way.

I then tried accessing the camera from an iPad using both safari and chrome, and surprisingly everything works, even the Live View. Not sure how the iPad is doing that without flash player but it does work.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back