End part of gutter.

Do you think that the OP is blind, there is no missing cut piece that has magically disappeared. The last clip is just there as a support piece not a joint clip
It's amazing how contentious this little bit of guttering is! ;)

I would suggest foxhole is wrong - it would be quite difficult to knock the gutter along, as it appears to be screwed into the fascia!
...and given how dark the photo is, this incident could have happened at night; some small bits of guttering could easily have disappeared into the gloom!

...anyway, I do hope the OP gets back to us, to put us out of our misery! :giggle:

Sponsored Links
Had a look around and definitely no robber gaskets or cut pieces that have dropped. It might have been a bodge job I suppose. Can I fix this easily with a couple of bits from Screwfix? If so, any advice on what I would need would be very much appreciated.
Thanks so much to everyone that offered suggestions/observations.

Sponsored Links
You would need to remove the union before the stop end could clip on the gutter, then you would have a gap at the end.

seems to have dragged on a bit for a simple detail. The image shows a running outlet and a stop end. the correct way to complete the run is a short section of gutter probably about 100mm ish attach outlet and stop end together . the seal could have gone down the pipe..
Regardless of missing bits or not it needs a short piece of gutter and a new seal.

Thanks for your help, what might be tricky is that what is still in place is only around 4 cm max from wall of house (top of bay window)
Edit...should also make clear that this photo is not it repaired as the end section can't be affixed at the moment.
IMG_20220630_081937.jpg

Last edited:
As previously mentioned 100mm will connect the stopend hard against the outlet.

Fit an internal stopend then a piece of flashband onto the bottom of the step flashing, into the gutter. (y)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back