end terrace house question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi i live in an end terrace house , 4 years ago i put a extention onto the side of my house building to the boundary . now my next door neighbour wants to build one too , can he join onto mine turning the row into a complete terrace ? thanks

Sponsored Links
He cannot attach to yours legally, also, if you were intimating this, your house will be advertised as a terraced one which will likely devalue it.

It is already a terrace, so how would it devalue it?

Or were you inferring that it will be a mid terrace ?

It should not devalue it - a terrace is a terrace end or middle and at the value of a terrace generally goes by the number of rooms etc.

A lot now depends if the wall has become a party wall.

It should not devalue it - a terrace is a terrace end or middle and at the value of a terrace generally goes by the number of rooms etc.
If an estate agent has to call it a terrace its value will not be as high as an end of terrace. A terrace has neighbours (and sound etc) from both sides. an end of terrace has it from only one side. If the neighbour uses the OPs wall to form they're own wall ie attach to it, it automatically becomes a party wall and the property's are linked.

Sponsored Links
Did you build a single or two storey side extension? The terracing effect only normally occurs for two storey dwellings/extensions.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back