Permitted development question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, can my neighbour object to my planned permitted development? I live in a terraced house, am having a rear single storey extension built 3m x 3m x 3m within my boundary. I have paid for building regs and the council have uploaded onto their website that work has commenced,after a brief visit by the inspector.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Please could you elaborate?

Sorry - I was being facetious!
Of course, your neighbour can complain; he could phone the council, speak to a local councillor, write to his MP, try to get a court injunction, appeal to the House of Lords.
But it would be no use whatsoever because Permitted Development gives you the right to build regardless of what the council - or anyone else - thinks.

I don't know what "planned permitted development" is. And I wasn't aware of Council's uploading details of commencement onto their websites - but maybe that happens somewhere.

I don't know what "planned permitted development" is.
The OP is 'planning' on doing an extension that is PD.

And some LA's have a similar online register for Building Control as they all do for Planning so I assumed that's what he meant.

No I think you're misunderstanding the word 'planned' in the OP's first post. I think he is saying he 'planned' to do the work like I might say I 'planned' to punch Nakajo in the face.

Rather than it having a Planning application connotation.

Clearly, the OP is planning to build an extension under permitted development. He is referring to the council uploading the b/regs application to their site, not the planning application which they do not have as it's PD.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back